Wishing you all a very Happy New Year, dear readers. I hope it is filled with love, peace and wonderful things to eat!
2011 has been great – I completed my masters, returned home and started this blog! I have read more about food these past few months than I have my entire life. I have invested in a few great foodie books and gained inspiration from the success (and failures!) of the greatest chefs in the world. From this I understood that failure does not mean that I am no good at something. It just means that I need to try again. I have become more technology savvy. I have learnt a little bit about food styling and become interested in photography.
Here are some of my food resolutions for 2012:
- Improve my photography.
- Make my own extracts - vanilla extract!.
- Use my springform pan to make a cheesecake.
- Find a good recipe for the perfect pie dough.
- Bake an elaborate birthday cake - made so many!.
- Get over my revulsion for eggplant - aubergine and bell pepper foccacia.
- Make marmalade.
- Start making breads - aubergine and bell pepper foccacia.
- Have a month where I make only hazelnut cookies/cakes/other delicious things - hazelnut sables, chocolate hazelnut torte, homemade nutella.
- Grow a few herbs.
- Bake something sweet with pumpkin.
- Read a new food book each month (see pinterest for the books i want to read).
- Bake an olive oil cake - kinnow orange cinnamon cake, french yogurt cake.
- Learn how to make good coulis - orange coulis.
What are your food goals?