9 Aug 2011

Mexican Hot Cocoa


Its been pouring in Calcutta the past few days and I have been nursing a cough. Any kind of a cough and cold makes me crave for a hot drink and I certainly didn’t need another excuse to open my tin of Ghirardelli Hot Cocoa that foodie just got me.


 So let’s be clear. Ghirardelli cocoa is the best chocolate. EVER. And this drink even beats the Parisian hot chocolate I made – one with pure melted chocolate and milk. This is officially the best hot chocolate drink ever. If you don’t have Ghirardelli, don’t be disheartened. Cadbury’s cocoa powder works just as well. Just add a bit of sugar to it according to taste.

 I had grand plans of using my Ikea Milk Frother to make the most awesome froth and of whipping up a whole lot of cream for the garnish. But it didn’t happen. I got one whiff of the smell and I just had to drink it up then and there. At this point I think I need to apologize for the photos as well. It’s only because of my impatience to drink it up then and there. Do I keep mentioning this? Sorry. But can you imagine what can be better than a mix of chocolate and cinnamon? Add a bit of almond extract, a hint of coffee and some red chilly powder and you will know.
Please, please do try this at home. You will thank me. And it’s so simple too – ‘cooking engineer style’ all the way!


Mexican Hot Cocoa

Makes 1 large cup

Adapted from the back of the Ghirardelli chocolate tin

1 ½ cups milk
2 tablespoons Ghirardelli hot cocoa (I used the chocolate mocha flavor. You can use Cadbury’s cocoa powder as well, but use only 1 ½ tablespoons).
½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/8th teaspoon almond extract
1 tiny pinch red chilly powder
1 tablespoon whipped cream
¼th teaspoon of coffee powder (only if using plain cocoa)

Steps
  1. Heat the milk.
  2. Stir in the cocoa, cinnamon powder, almond extract and red chilly powder.
  3. Add a dollop of whipped cream. Stir. Drink while still hot.  

10 comments:

  1. very very nice again..i will try the tar n tell u how they come.. the best part is tht they were eggless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me know if you have any more questions regarding them :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here. hot strippers

    ReplyDelete
  7. GigoloFinder is the best India's biggest Gigolo platform & dating Website online to go with when it comes to finding gigolo or playboys online. 100% Free gigolo service

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate the positive and uplifting tone of your articles. In a world filled with negativity, your words bring a sense of optimism and encouragement. Thank you for spreading positivity!
    Join CallBoyOne Club and Experience the Ultimate Play Boy Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete